Recruiting Morton Mentors Fall 2017Monday, June 5, 2017
Be a Morton Mentor & Shape the Workforce of Tomorrow
Program Overview: The Morton Mentor Program matches Morton CUSD 709 High School students with local mentors
possessing professional knowledge, skills, contacts, and resources. Through these matches, our
Mentors share their experience, guidance, and encouragement for students to develop their career
The goal of the Morton Mentorship program is to establish a mentoring relationship where the student gains an understanding of a career or area of professional interest and is provided with the steps needed to
follow the career path or explore the area of professional interest.
Planning Your Time:
- August 31, 2017: Submit a written application, including two references. Background checks will be facilitated by the Morton Chamber.
- Fall 2017:
- Participate in a 45 minute training session. Multiple Sessions will be offered.
- Attend Mentor and Mentee Kick-off Meeting
- Meet with Mentee 3 times over the course of the semester.
- Winter 2017: Attend a Closing Reception.
- Apply online HERE.
- Read more here.
- Questions? call Lenora Fisher or Leigh Ann Brown at 309-263-2491 or write firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in the Morton Mentor program and look forward to the growth
opportunities for our Morton CUSD 709 High School students. Your time is of true value to bridging
the connectivity between school and the business/professional world that builds their pathway to a